It was not long ago when there was a broad presumption that when we grow older, we’ll naturally need to relocate into a nursing home or assisted living facility. There’s now a better understanding that living at home throughout aging with in-home assistance is often a practical option. There is also additional knowledge since the pandemic began that growing older at home is the desired and safest choice.
So, just how do you determine if the advantages of home care are right for a senior you love? To begin with, you will want to consider his/her level of functionality within these two areas:
- Activities of Daily Living: These consist of daily tasks like showering/bathing, getting dressed, getting out of and into a chair or bed, using the bathroom, walking, and eating.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living: These tasks consist of cooking, money management, housekeeping, shopping, taking medications properly, using the phone, and transportation.
If a senior is challenged by any one of these types of activities, home care can be extremely helpful in improving both independence and safety. Not just that, but in-home care from an award-winning agency, like Anthem Home Care, a top-rated provider of home care in Taft, Texas, and the surrounding communities, offers numerous other benefits, including:
- An increased level of overall wellbeing comes from remaining in the older adult’s environment of choice, where she or he is most accustomed.
- An in-home caregiver provides the socialization that is so beneficial for emotional and physical health. Throughout the isolating months of the pandemic, the need for regular social contact became even more glaringly apparent.
- Home care services promote healing after a medical procedure or hospital stay, and minimize the risk for re-hospitalizations.
- Home care allows seniors and their loved ones to enjoy more quality time together. A caregiver who assists with errands and daily chores frees up family members from these tasks. And often, seniors feel much more comfortable having personal care needs tended to by a care professional as opposed to a relative.
- Home care services are highly customized, determined by each individual’s unique needs, routines, schedule, and requests.
- With the one-on-one care provided by an in-home caregiver, care is not shared with other residents as in a facility setting – meaning needs can be met immediately without waiting for a senior’s turn.
- A healthier lifestyle is attainable for older adults receiving home care services. Caregivers can prepare nutritious meals that are appealing, provide medication reminders, offer encouragement and motivation to stay physically active, and much more.
- With transportation and accompaniment provided by the caregiver, an older adult can remain engaged in the community through outings to fun destinations, visits with friends, lunch dates, religious services and so much more.
At Anthem Home Care, we’re honored to provide seniors with home care in Taft, Texas, and the surrounding communities to help make life the very best it can be throughout aging. Our caregivers are background checked, fully trained, and experienced in a wide array of older adult care needs in the home. Reach out to us any time at 361-643-2323 for a no-cost in-home assessment to discover if home care is appropriate for a senior you love.