Personalized Home Care that Promotes Freedom
Older adults have spent their lives gaining wisdom, helping others, and learning lessons along the way. At Anthem Home Care, it’s our privilege to hear their life stories and show our appreciation and respect through high-quality home care services that honor each individual. We promise to help our clients maintain the freedom to live as they choose, according to their preferred schedule and routine, with us as their partner.
We accomplish this by listening to older adults and their loved ones, understanding their concerns and challenges, and getting to know them as individuals before beginning care services. With this thorough background, we can create a plan to address all care needs while ensuring personalization.
We carefully match each client with a caregiver who is equipped to meet their specific care needs and personality. We have caregivers who are incredible cooks, others who are especially outgoing and friendly conversationalists, some who excel in quietly taking care of tasks to give seniors space if that’s their preference, and some who are skilled in dementia or hospice care.
Following are just some of the many ways we’re helping seniors live life to the fullest:
- Cleaning and sanitizing the kitchen and bathrooms
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and dusting
- Laundry and bed linens
- Straightening up and organizing rooms
- Taking out the trash
- Watering plants
- Pet care
- And more
- Assistance with dignity in bathing, showering, dressing, and grooming
- Oral hygiene and denture care
- Help with using the restroom and incontinence care
- Memory care and dementia services
- And more
- Sharing in conversations and reminiscing
- Motivating seniors to exercise (as approved by the doctor)
- Enjoying games, puzzles, crafts, hobbies and interests together
- Errand-running as requested
- And more
- Senior transportation services
- Doctor appointments and medical procedures
- Trips to the beauty salon
- Grocery shopping
- Enjoyable outings to concerts, plays, shopping, religious services, family get-togethers and parties
- And more
- Highly specialized care for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other chronic conditions
- Short-term respite care so that family members can take a break or vacation from caregiving responsibilities
Discreet Technology for Enhanced Safety at Home
Home care services help older adults remain safe, independent, and comfortable at home. But what happens when a caregiver leaves at the end of their shift? Unless a loved one is receiving 24/7 care in the home, there will be times when they are without immediate access to assistance. To provide additional support between caregiver visits, we partner with StackCare, a provider of in-home safety technology.
What’s SmartCare by StackCare and How Does It Work?
Unlike an in-home camera system or a wearable pendant, SmartCare is unobtrusive and does not interfere with a person’s lifestyle or privacy. SmartCare’s technology works through small, discreetly placed sensors that blend seamlessly into the home environment. These sensors send signals to a computer system that learns an individual’s typical activities, behaviors, and routines. If changes in an individual’s patterns may cause concern, a real-time alert is generated that can go to loved ones or our agency.
Discover the Advantages of SmartCare Today
If you’re interested in a discreet and effective solution to help a loved one maintain their safety and independence at home, contact us to learn more about SmartCare’s features and how it can enhance peace of mind.
Helping You Understand Your Long-Term Care Benefits
We accept private payment and long-term care insurance for coverage of our services. We are skilled in helping families navigate the long-term care insurance process. If you have a long-term care insurance policy, we offer a complimentary assessment to help you determine what’s covered by your plan, how to submit claims, and how to manage the appeal process, if needed.
Let us know how we can help you!
Contact us online or call us at 361-643-2323 to request a complimentary consultation to help us understand your needs and suggest the best solutions. We are the premier option for in-home care services in Portland, TX, and the surrounding communities, and we invite you to view our service area here.