Trusted Memory Care in the Comfort of Home
The desire to age in place is strong for older adults, and that includes those with cognitive issues like dementia. In fact, the familiarity of the home environment can provide a greater sense of comfort and routine, which are important in the day-to-day care of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Other benefits of receiving dementia care at home include:
- The person can be closely monitored and modifications can be made to improve overall safety at home.
- A customized care plan can be created to ensure the person’s unique needs are met.
- Assistance with daily activities and personal care can be administered
- Engaging and enriching activities can be planned.
- Support can be offered to family caregivers.
- And more.
The team at Anthem Home Care offers an array of in-home Alzheimer’s care services that help seniors remain as independent as possible, while receiving the care and attention they need.
Our memory care services can include:
- Medication reminders and assistance
- Companionship to prevent loneliness and isolation
- Encouragement to participate in engaging activities, like games, reading, exercise, etc.
- Meal planning and preparation
- Assistance with eating as needed
- Safety monitoring and home modifications
- Personal care services to assist with bathing, dressing, hygiene, etc.
- Respite care for family caregivers
- And much more
Greater Independence With In-Home Alzheimer’s Care
In the early stages of Alzheimer’s, many seniors are capable of living at home independently. However, as the disease progresses, more and more help may be required.
With the assistance of a dementia caregiver, seniors can maintain a greater sense of independence at all stages. We provide multiple levels of assistance to meet each individual where they are at in their journey.
With the respectful supervision of a dementia caregiver, older loved ones can continue to take care of daily tasks like cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc. knowing that help is at hand if needed.
Additionally, our transportation services allow seniors with dementia the ability to go where they want when they want safely with the added support of a trusted caregiver.
Dementia Care at Home from Specially Trained Caregivers
Compassion, empathy, and patience are vital in the care of a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Every member of our care team receives training and access to further education to ensure they have the skills and confidence to provide the best care possible.
We are proud to partner with a nationally recognized training and certification agency for caregiving professionals to ensure each member of the Anthem team is equipped to provide exceptional care in all interactions.
Learn More About Our In-Home Alzheimer’s Care Services
If you have a loved one who has Alzheimer’s or dementia in Portland, Rockport, Aransas Pass, Taft, Ingleside, or the surrounding areas, we are here to help. Give us a call today at 361-203-7996 or reach out to us online to learn more about our dementia care services.